The PADI Open Water Diver course is the first step to become a qualified diver. This course allows people to develop their knowledge about scuba diving. After completing the theory and practise, open water divers can go to 18 meters depth. During this course, you will learn to dive safely with a buddy. If you like to discover the underwater life, this course is made for you!
Minimum Age: 10 years old (divers from 10 to 14 years old get a JUNIOR Open Water Diver qualification, that limits them to a depth of 12 meters)
Development of the course:
- Pool sessions to learn all the different exercises in a protected area
- 4 training dives in a natural environment (on the Montgrí coast)
- 5 chapters of theory with book and DVD
- 4 quizzes about the chapters and 1 final exam
- Optional 5th dive on the Medes Islands!
Duration of the course: 5 days
Price: see on the prices page
- A theory kit with book, DVD, Logbook and RDP table
- Insurance during the course
- Pool Sessions
- 4 training dives
- 1 dive on the Illes Medes
- Theory in the class
- Rental of full equipment
- PADI certification
Important: Students must have a medical certificate, signed by a doctor-specialised in hyperbaric medicine, stating that they are fit for scuba diving.